As a Regional Communications Officer at Afrikagrupperna you provide updated and relevant information of Afrikagrupperna’s regional work to the head office and to the Swedish public. You have current contextual knowledge, keep close contact with local partner organisations, and produce material to be used in Afrikagrupperna’s external communication and fundraising. To be able to perform your tasks efficiently you need good knowledge and understanding of the context in which Afrikagrupperna operate, both in southern Africa and in Sweden, as well as experience from working with similar tasks.
Afrikagrupperna’s approach is the circle of solidarity and we are keen to include our partner organisations in our external communication. This means that regular travels are needed to ensure a close cooperation. As you will be the link between many parts of the organisation it is of great importance that you remain open and curious in your work, and that you are responsive to the wishes and needs of offices and partner organisations. In this work knowledge in Swedish and English is necessary, and knowledge in Portuguese is desirable.
As part of a global organisation you are humble and responsive to different cultural settings. You have the ability to see to the best of the group, and always aim for an open and inclusive work environment. As Regional Communication Officer you are part of the Regional Office in Johannesburg and are accountable to the Regional Coordinator.
- An academic degree or equivalent experience in communication or relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with similar tasks.
- Experience or equivalent understanding of how to conduct fundraising.
- Experience of visual communication and journalistic writing.
- Experience working with social media.
- Professional proficiency in Swedish and English.
- Support of Afrikagrupperna’s ideology.
- Knowledge in Portuguese.
- Experience working in/with international and intercultural teams.
- Experience from solidarity work.
- Experience from working in, or otherwise collected knowledge of, southern Africa.
Extent: Full time (35 hours/week).
Placement: Johannesburg, South Africa. Regular travels required.
Start: As soon as possible.
Salary: The salary is based on Afrikagrupperna’s salary policy with a solidarity approach, which means that it follows set steps applicable for all employees. As you will need to apply for a work permit in South Africa the start date may vary with this process. If you already are permitted to work in South Africa, please let us know in your application.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com marked REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, no later than Sunday the 14th of May 2017. Please include a short presentation of yourself in Swedish.