Afrikagrupperna is looking for a new controller to be part of the work towards a just world.
As Controller your main responsibility is to monitor and analyse partner organisations’ capacity for compliance, and provide support to management and programme officers. You are responsible for monitoring partner organisation’s financial plans and reports as well as developing and maintaining routines for financial control. As Controller you will support management in decision making and be of assistance when formulating agreements and other relevant documents. It is important that you ensure accuracy in partner organisation’s financial reports and you are responsible for keeping management informed if uncertainties arise.
You will work with partner organisations from all five countries Afrikagrupperna operates in, and therefore it is of importance that you have a professional knowledge in English. Proficiency in Swedish is required and knowledge in Portuguese is recommended. As part of a global organisation you are expected to be humble and responsive to different cultural settings in your everyday work.
- An academic degree in accounting and business administration or relevant field, or otherwise obtained equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with financial analysis.
- Experience of internal control.
- Experience of presenting pedagogical reports.
- Experience working with Excel.
- Professional proficiency in English, basic knowledge in Swedish.
- Support Afrikagrupperna’s ideology.
- Knowledge in Portuguese.
- Experience working with Sida.
- Experience from working in, or otherwise collected knowledge of, southern Africa.
- Experience working in/with international and intercultural teams.
- Experience from solidarity work.
Extent: Full time (35 hours/week). Afrikagrupperna offers flexible hours.
Placement: Stockholm, Sweden. Regular travels.
Start: As soon as possible.
Salary: 29 230 kr. Afrikagrupperna’s salaries have set steps as part of our solidarity approach.
Send your CV and cover letter in to email@example.com marked CONTROLLER no later than Sunday the 2nd of April 2017. We will review the applications continuously.
Afrikagrupperna seek accurate representation of society in our organisation and welcome applications from all genders, ages, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations and functionality variations.
Local union chairperson is Anna Glover, firstname.lastname@example.org.